Creation of governing body at institution
Constitute a Steering Committee for Clean Green Pakistan in each University (including Vice Chancellor, 2-3 Professors and President of Clean Green Scouts/ Champion at University).
Guidelines for Colleges- Clean Green Pakistan
Specific Activities for Five Pillars of Clean Green Pakistan Movement
- Participation in seed throwing campaign under local forest department..
- Annual tree plantation ceremony with the theme of planting one plant by one student in university area and nearby public places..
- Organize two annual awareness campaigns in sowing seasons, in which at least 100 banners/posters with the theme of tree plantation and green environment by the college shall be displayed at public places.
Solid Waste Management
- Organize two annual cleanliness weeks in local government identified areas.
- Disseminate at least 100 banners/posters with the theme of clean environment and segregation of solid waste.
- Mapping of unattended solid waste dumping areas for local municipal committee/ corporation in every alternative month.
- Introduce waste segregation and recycling of college solid wastes in the hostels and campuses. Discourage the use of unnecessary waste through promoting the use of recycling materials and products.
- Allocate and mark landfill site for college solid waste- contracting with local Government or private sector for effective utilization of recycled waste and arrangements for appropriate disposal of non-recyclable waste.
Liquid Waste Management & Hygiene
- Organize hand washing days with support of private sector in adjacent communities and schools.
- Discourage the use of open drains for toilets and waste drainage except for storm water.
- Disseminate septic tank designs and management related broachers to 1,000 households in adjacent community.
- Install wastewater treatment for college wastewater.
- Celebrate toilet days in high risk communities (identified by Local Governments).
- At least one annual publication on economic and viable models of septic tanks.
- Implement PATS approach for 500 open defecating households annually and generating evidence base research publications on PATS.
- Make all toilets and hand washing facilities functional in the colleges.
Safe Drinking Water
- Install water filtration system on all drinking water sources of colleges with safe drinking water quality as per water quality test.
- Celebrate water days in high risk communities (identified by Local Governments).
- Create awareness among the communities about water treatment options at household levels and water safety.
- Promote the judicious use of drinking water and discourage the unnecessary use of drinking water for car wash, street etc.