Creation of Clean Green Club
Constitute a Clean Green Club in each school (including the Head Teacher, 2-3 teacher and student head of Clean Green Club).
Guidelines for Schools- Clean Green Pakistan
Specific Activities for Five Pillars of Clean Green Pakistan Movement
- Sowing and growing one plant by each of the student with annual target of 1 plant by each student.
- Conduct inter-school's art work competitions on the theme of green environment and displaying the best developed art work in public galleries for encouraging the students.
- Organize two annual awareness campaigns in sowing seasons, in which at least 100 banners/posters with the theme of tree plantation and green environment by the college shall be displayed at public places.
Solid Waste Management
- Conduct awareness campaigns for 1,000 households for sensitizing local community on solid waste segregation and management.
- Carry out cleanliness campaigns in local adjacent markets/areas.
Liquid Waste Management & Hygiene
- Participate in hand washing days with support of private sector in adjacent communities and schools.
- Learn Hand Washing methods and follow these in daily life practices.
- Awareness and sensitization of students on Total Sanitation through story-telling and games module with a concept of developing school children as change agent/advocate for C&GPM.
- Make all toilets and hand washing facilities functional in the schools.
Safe Drinking Water
- Sensitization of students for safe drinking water and capacity building of students on economic methods of water purification i.e. boiling water, SODIS and bio-sand filters.
- Celebrate water days in high risk communities (identified by Local Governments).
- Create awareness among the communities about water treatment options at household levels and water safety.
- Promote the judicious use of drinking water and discourage the unnecessary use of drinking water for car wash, streets etc.