Citie's Ranking Process
- The CGPI comprises of more than 35 sub-indicators for ranking the cities. The overall sum of scores for five pillars will provide the final score of the CGPI for each participating city
- The household data shall be compiled from different surveys of the Government of Pakistan, whereas the service delivery data shall be provided by respective city councils and administration working in each city/district coordinated by Local Government Departments on monthly basis.
- The household-level indicators are aggregated at the neighborhood level and indicators recorded at the neighborhood level are aggregated at the city/tehsil level.
- Each aggregated sub-indicator of city level, provided by local council/service delivery organization, is rescaled to the 0-100 scale by using Relative-Index formula.
- The draft data will be reviewed by the provincial governments and final data will be submitted by the provincial governments for sharing with the Federal Ministry of Climate Change. The final ranking and awards will be reviewed and endorsed by the WASH Strategic Unit of the Ministry of Climate Change through making final independent assessments/reports.
- The minimum of three months' data shall be required from participating cities against the proposed indicators. The ranking will be announced periodically. The performance of the competing cities will be assessed against set indicators after six months. Those with prominent progress will be recognized at the provincial and federal levels.